Saipan Vital Statistics:
- OFFICIAL NAME: Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands. The Commonwealth is a 14 island chain. Three islands are inhabited, Saipan, Rota and Tinian.
- POPULATION: Approximately 55,000 total.
- CITIZENSHIP: United States
- OFFICIAL LANGUAGES: English, Chamorro, and Carolinian
- RELIGION: No official religion, although the population is predominantly Catholic. Buddhism, Islam, Christianity, Ba'hai and non-denominational services can be found throughout the island of Saipan.
- CURRENCY: U.S. Dollar
- ELECTRICITY: Single Phase 60 Cycles 115/230 Volts AC
- HEALTH SERVICES: Provided by the Commonwealth Health Center. Full service medical care. Private health clinics are available on Saipan
- ZIP CODE: 96950
- TELEPHONES: (Area Code:670) The Commonwealth is part of the North American Numbering Plan. Dial -1- followed by the area code and the number from anywhere in the United States.
- POSTAL SERVICE: The United States Postal Service provides daily mail service at regular postal rates. No delivery to physical addresses, only POBox services.
WEATHER: The Marianas enjoys the most consistent climate in the world, averaging 82 degrees Farenheit year-round. Weather information may be obtained at the National Weather Service.
Sites About Saipan
- US Chamber of Commerce
- U.S. Seventh Fleet
- Hotel Association of the Northern Mariana Islands(HANMI)
- Government of Canada
- Government of the CNMI
- United States Senate
- United States House of Representatives
- United States Legislative Information on the Internet
- Small Business Administration
Online Registration for Employers & Job Seekers